In order to fully protect your items during your move, it’s essential that you get the right type of moving boxes. Sea Islanded Bonded Storage offers a variety of boxes for moving and can help you pick out the perfect assortment based on your personal needs and your budget. Let us know when you’re ready to buy moving boxes or any other type of packing supplies.
Boxes for Moving, Both Small and Large
While boxes aren’t the most important part of your move, they most certainly help to make things easier. One of the very first things you’ll want to think about with boxes for your move is not putting more than 50 pounds in a single box. Even if you hire movers, you might wind up moving all of those moving boxes on your own.
Your options for boxes for moving include:
- 1.5 cubic foot boxes for dishes, books, and fragile items
- 3.0 cubic foot boxes for electronics, clothes, pots, and pans
- 4.5 cubic foot boxes for large kitchen appliances, lamps, and linens
When you buy moving boxes, don’t forget to pick up a few hanging wardrobe boxes for any items of clothing that you can’t lay flat. You can also buy special mirror boxes and mattress boxes.
How to Properly Pack a Box
Sea Island Bonded Storage wants to help you properly pack your moving boxes so that your items arrive at your new home or office in perfect condition.
- Newspaper is better for cushioning and filler while packing paper is better for actually wrapping items.
- When packing boxes for moving, always place the heavier items at the bottom so you don’t have to worry about the box tipping over as you’re carrying it.
- It’s also best if you pack one room at a time and label each box as you go so everything stays more organized.
Box up your memories with the help of the moving and packing professionals at Sea Island Bonded Storage! Call us at 912-927-0035 or contact us online to get started.